Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Update Overhaul

It's been too long! I'll try to remember everything that's happened since the last time I posted in May!

My Mom, Grandma and Grandpa came to visit for Mother's Day. It was a short visit, but so sweet!

After they left, our house turned into Operation Haiti. Sam and Hayden left for Haiti June 1. I had the job of making sure they had supplies, clothes, and goodies. Sam had to get several immunizations and perscriptions so he was safe and stayed healthy during his travel. Catherine, Hayden's Mom had the hardest job of getting Hayden's Passport, his immunizations and signing and getting countless permission slips notarized so Hayden could travel with only one parent out of the country. (As well as coming to peace about Hayden traveling out of the country with Sam to serve. I'm so grateful for her! She's AH-mazing!) The safety measures had to be taken, and I understand them, but Jeezo Fellas! You'd think they were going to be gone a year, not 8 days!
They both truly have a heart for the Haitians. I'm so blessed by these two!

While they were gone, I realized how hard it is to be a single parent. Wednesday, June 6th, I woke Alex up from a 3 hour nap and he was on FIRE! His temp was 101.8. (I realize that's not high for an infant, but it was his first fever and I freaked) I called the after hours clinic and one of my best friends Kelsey and got the advice I needed to get us through the night! Waking up every four hours to give your sweet baby medicine, and then checking on him countless times will seriously wear you out! His fever was down until Thursday evening, so I decided to take him to the Dr. Friday morning. Alex had his first ear infection, on top of cutting TWO teeth Thursday night! What a week. I was so happy when Sam came home, for so many reasons!

The next two weeks brought 4 softball games for Sam's CHURCH LEAGUE team. I love this league, and we have a great time, but there might be a chance, just maybe, that Sam and his friend Brad can take it to the next level with their intensity. Thankfully, I have my sweet Kate to tread through the Church League waters with me! They won the championship, for the first time. That night, after the game, this was Kate's facebook post:
"Brad's church league softball team just won the championship! Woohoo! This is what LeBron's wife must feel like."
I completely agree. Sam walked in and was on the phone talking to one of his team mates about the Fall league line up. Seriously.

Alex and I flew to Tampa June 30-July 4th to visit with my mom's side of the family. A-Man did GREAT on the plane (all 4 of them!) I was supper anxious, but he was awesome. Not awesome was the 2 teeth he cut while we were there! (Teeth count to date: 5!) It was Sunday night and he screamed for about 45 minutes. I was not anyones favorite person that night for allowing Alex to self-soothe!! After that small hicup, we had a fantastic time. Alex loved being in and eating the sand! Unfortunately, my phone didn't make it through the trip, so I have very few pictures right now. I'll post some more later, but here's what we have!


Next week Sam and I are going to Philadelphia for work, my Mom is coming to keep Alex. Hopefully we'll see Hayden the last week in July before he starts his NEW School in August! We've been blessed with a fortunate and busy summer, but I'm ready for the downtime and cooler weather that the fall will bring!

1 comment:

  1. Love this update and love you, friend! You are such a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete